Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Baby Cheered Me Up

I am in the midst of a bad cold...you know, the kind that keeps you up all night long coughing no matter what you do (drink water, cough drop, sleep sitting up, etc.). I haven't gotten a decent nights sleep in probably 5 nights now...and Ethan probably hasn't either. Last night I moved downstairs to the couch at 4am so I wouldn't keep him up!

So, when Reece went down for a nap yesterday, I thought I'd try to take a nap too, being as exhausted as I was. I was almost asleep, and a coughing fit hit me. That tickle in my throat would not go away! I propped myself up in bed, trying to go to sleep in between coughs. At one point, I almost began to cry because I was so frustrated! And then, I felt the little *poke* *poke*. Baby has been moving around in there, but I haven't really been able to feel it from the outside yet. This time I could! I sat and felt the baby poke me for about 10 minutes, and the coughing calmed to where I finally drifted off to sleep...only to be woken up 20 minutes later by Reece's waking up and humming. Baby was trying to cheer me up...well, baby was probably saying, "What's going on here!" But it cheered me up anyway.

Reece has been humming and singing all day basically! He does at meal times, during play, waking up, going to sleep, riding in the car...it's so sweet! He can sing, "Wheels on the Bus" and "Night Night Baby," and can hum "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," so far. My mother in law says, "A singing baby is a happy baby." Reece must be a happy little guy!

1 comment:

  1. You are too cute! :) Can't wait to see how cute Baby #2 is!

    ReplyDelete