Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What Is The Plan?

I feel like I won't be able to sleep until I type some ideas out about what to do when I go into labor. Things are a lot different the second pregnancy in a lot of ways, but first and foremost I am concerned about how Reece will react to the baby, and also what to do when I go into labor. We don't have family down here in Indy, so who do we call if I go into labor at 3am like I did with Reece? And for that matter, who do we call during the day if I go into labor?? Of course I will have my parents on call to make the 4 hour drive as soon as I know that I may be in labor. Hopefully we will have an idea from a dr. appointment like we did with Reece. We went in the day before and the nurse practicioner said that I was having contractions and that I could have the baby soon. We thought she was off her rocker, but it turns out she was right! So we're hoping to have an idea, but it could happen without any warning too. In which case, if we called my parents to come down, I could labor at home for as long as possible, but 4 hours is a long time. And who knows, my labor could be really slow like with Reece, or it could go a lot quicker! We're hoping to line up a bunch of contingency plans, but with having a baby, there is no plan! Unless you are being induced, you don't know the day or the time. We need to have someone on call to come to the house if I need to go to the hospital in the evening or middle of the night. We need to have someone who is available during the day to come watch Reece if I go during the day. There may be someone who is available on weekends, but not week days. We have a lot of people at church who I am sure would watch him, it's just a matter of work days, times, etc. Then we need to have Reece's schedule written out (even though he's got a pretty flexible schedule) and his bag packed too...just in case he's got to go somewhere other than home. *sigh* It will all work out, I think I just have to start asking around...who's available to babysit my first baby while I'm having the next!?

1 comment: