Friday, December 3, 2010

Week 23 Doc Visit


22 Weeks


As I'm typing, Reece is in his bed singing, "No Not One" over and over again! Funny.

Today I had an appointment with my Ob/Gyn Dr. Rothenberg. In 5 weeks I had gained 11 lbs (from 142-153lbs)!! Whoops! This happened with Reece but between weeks 14 and 18, I think it was 10 lbs in 4 weeks. I was expecting him to say, lay off the extra calories, but when I asked about it he said he wasn't worried because I lost the weight between the pregnancies. It's only a problem gaining so much in 5 weeks when you are previously overweight or didn't lose the pregnancy weight. He also said, "Wow, you are showing a lot earlier than you did with Reece." Translation in my head, "Wow, you got big, fast." Thanks, yes, I know I'm a little ahead of my first pregnancy sizewise by about 4 weeks, according to belly photos. But all is well with baby, I am just finding that I need to take it easy sometimes. Last night I was SO tired that we couldn't follow through with the plans to decorate the Christmas tree. I napped on the couch while Ethan and Reece put the tree up, and then Reece went to bed, and then I followed soon after! I'm also trying to cut down on lifting Reece or David, the little guy I babysit. They are just too heavy. About the only time I pick them up is to put them into the high chair and take them out again. All hugs and snuggles are given from a sitting position!


1 comment:

  1. I was averaging 1-2 lbs every week pretty much from week 16 on. I gained 70 total :/ Definitely plan on keeping that number down next time.

    Can't believe you're already 24 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete