Thursday, January 13, 2011

Teething or Two?

Whew! What a day! Reece woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Usually when I go get him from his bed he is excited to tell me about something...cars, blanket, baby, Elmo, but this morning all he said was, "No." So I asked if I should go bye bye, and he said, "Momma go bye bye" so I went to leave and he didn't want me to leave, and then he did, and .... you get the picture. He did this for the rest of the morning about breakfast, going down stairs, cars, etc. And finally had a melt down about not being able to carry all of the cars he wanted to carry at a time which was about 7. My plan for the day was to run errands before an 11AM story time at the library. Well, we left at 10:30AM with Reece not having had breakfast at all. I said, "We ARE going to the library, and we WILL have fun!" On the way out the door of course he spotted some pretzels and wanted those...Nope! I prepared him a bowl of cheerios and yogurt covered raisins and a cup of milk and called that breakfast. Once in the car, and eating, he was happier and talking about cars passing by and the like. Of course, I had also dosed him with Tylenol at some point in the morning hoping to help the teething situation, IF in fact that was the problem. So, either the Tylenol kicked in, or he's just 2 years old, or a change of scenery did him some good. I, on the other hand, called Ethan and told him about the rough morning, to vent. Then, I got some coffee at McDonald's...by then, I needed some! We drove to the library, where we saw an old friend from baby story time months ago, and had fun reading books, doing finger plays and action songs, and then puzzle time. We checked out some books and headed back to the car. On the way out, Reece tripped and fell in the black slush in the parking lot, dropping the picture book he was holding in the black slush...and soaking his jeans with black slush. Not to be deterred from my errands (sorry Reece about the wet pants! He didn't seem to notice at all) we ate a cheeseburger from McDonald's (it was past lunch time and he only had a small snack for breakfast) on the way to Walmart to get wipes (much needed), and then to the Dollar Tree to get something for a craft day with some girls from church. We got home, and Reece went straight to bed and slept for a couple hours. Woke up with the same kind of up and down, crazy behavior that he had this morning. Needless to say, he went to bed shortly after 8pm as soon as he had his last tantrum about not being able to carry 8 cars in his little, chubby hands. (Although, it is 8:30 and he is still awake talking about cars.) What a day. I hope a long nights rest starts the day off better tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. It makes me laugh that he is so concerned about how many cars he can carry at once :)

    ReplyDelete