Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Coloring Cars


They thought it was a novel idea to color on the floor...so much more fun than on the table!

Boy has Reece gotten into the Disney/Pixar Cars characters lately! We do not own the movie, nor has Reece seen the movie, but somehow, someway, he has discovered Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Chick Hicks, etc. We got him a Cars coloring book for Christmas, and he loves that, but so far has not colored in it. He just likes to look at the pictures, and it came with stickers that he sticks to everything until they won't stick anymore! He wants to watch Cars movie trailers and music videos on YouTube, and I have printed out some coloring pages with characters on them. I also printed a small version of the movie poster and put it by his bed. He goes through and names all of the characters that he knows and talks about them. He thinks Lightning McQueen looks like "daddy's car." (We have a red Grand Prix that Ethan drives to work.)

Today I got a glimpse of my postpartum future. Reece has gotten into asking me to play with him. He has probably noticed a downturn in my physical activity as far as playing with Reece goes. I do housework, and get tired and have to rest. Reece notices this and asks me to come play. "Momma try driving the car on the floor." "Momma drive the choo choo train down the hill." So he's trying to get me to engage in play, but I'm just so much more tired now than I used to be. I think he will be doing this a lot once the baby is here and I'm trying to recuperate, and even after I physically feel better he may continue this...perhaps asking me to play while the baby is nursing or something. We'll see how things go! Poor guy. He just wants someone to play with!

No comments:

Post a Comment