Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Taking Inventory and Nesting

I have REALLY been nesting this week! Ethan has been home a few days because of the weather (Ice Storm, 2011) and has been playing with Reece, so I have been able to get things done! I went through the 2 boxes of girl clothes that I had been given to take inventory. I got out a clipboard and paper and pen, and wrote down all the sizes and description of each thing. Most things are 0-3 months, but there are things for both seasons - spring/summer, fall/winter. I did this mostly because I wanted to have an inventory of things in case I do have a girl to know what I need to look for at garage sales, store sales, etc. for the future. There were SO many sleeper outfits in the boxes, and none bigger than 3 months. In addition to the already huge number of "neutral" sleepers I have (probably between gowns and sleepers there are at least 20 (and this isn't counting the boy sleepers!) I am overwhelmed!! I think the overwhelmed feeling is because of the suspense and not knowing. I have both boy and girl clothes and just want to get them in drawers and out of boxes. With Reece, I just didn't even look at the girl clothes in those boxes, and all I had were neutral outfits and that was that and I would just get the rest later. Well, now, the frugal person in me wants to be prepared in case I see a sale or be ready when the garage sales start (which will be soon after baby arrives) to know what sizes I need to get and types of clothing. I also went through all of Reece's clothes that I have either picked up at stores/garage sales last year and hand-me-downs and made an inventory list of those items too. He is going to need a few more things than baby will for summer and next fall/winter, but not many. I have a feeling he will be outgrowing his current shoe size for spring as well. So moving on from 7 to 8!

In addition to taking clothing inventory, I also sanitized bottles, pacifiers, aspirators, etc. for when baby arrives. Reece and I hung some things in his room (a clock and a cork board). I think tomorrow I will have him paint on a canvas that I have and hang that in his room. I was going to paint a truck or car on it, but I think it would be cooler to have something that he painted himself on the wall.

Reece has been so funny lately! He just gets funnier every day. He has a car puzzle that he switches the pieces and thinks it's so funny. We have also found that we are able to reason with him a lot more at meal times when he doesn't want to eat something by asking him to take 2 more bites or saying that he has to eat such-and-such before he can get down and play. He usually complies. His latest songs that he knows or are learning are: "Sanctuary" "Psalm 118:24 (This is the Day)" "God is so Good" "The Song that I Sing" "ABC's" He really is a little song bird. He can hit every note, and he learns songs SO fast! He just asks to sing it again about 4 times, and he knows half the words and the tune!

Heartburn has been getting to me lately. I can't eat anything without having to take a TUMS or suffer the consequences. Right now I am hungry, but I can feel I'm on the verge of heartburn so I don't want to eat anything and make it worse. So I guess I'll go to bed hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment