Sunday, February 6, 2011

Potty Time

I am one proud Momma...last night Reece pee-peed on the potty for the first time! We have had a little potty for some time now, and just had it in the bathroom downstairs. Anytime I would go potty, Reece would come in and sit on it and pretend, fully clothed. I have only put him on there diaper-less maybe 2 other times, and he seemed rather uncomfortable with the situation, so I didn't push it. Last night he needed a diaper change before bed anyway, so I asked him if he wanted to sit on the potty whilst I was in the bathroom going potty. He said, "I sit on the potty." So I took off his pants/diaper and he said he needed help sitting, so I sat him on there. I said, "Okay, now, can you put your pee pees in the potty?" He looked down. I said, "Can you make your pee pees come out?" And there it went! Of course, all over the floor and none in the potty because he's a boy, but he got the idea! He was able to do it pretty much on command so he knows how to work that body function for sure! I was so excited! He smiled because I was making a big deal. We cleaned up the floor and Reece said, "I wash hands in da sink." So we washed hands and he said, "I need a diaper on." So we put his diaper back on. I gave him some chocolate chips because that was the only "treat" I had in the house. We will have to figure out what the next step is. We're not sure how to proceed now that this has happened! With the baby coming, do we start hard core potty training, or just be relaxed about it and not push it? We'll figure it out along the way, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment