Monday, February 7, 2011

Reece's 2 Year Checkup

Reece had his 2 year check up today with Dr. Vik. He didn't go to sleep until 2pm, and I had to wake him at 3:15pm for his appointment. He was not very happy, but his version of not being happy is just saying, "No." when I told him we were going to the doctor. We got to the docs office and Reece flirted with the nurses, but when the nurse called him back to walk down the hallway, he got cold feet and wanted to "get in the car." So I had to carry him back to the room. They wanted to weigh him and get his height right away, and he wasn't ready. He barely stayed on the scale long enough to get the weight, and was trying to squirrel away from the nurse as she tried to get his height. She initially said he was only 34 inches, but after he got comfortable in the room he ventured out to the scale again and I took his height and he was 36 inches standing up straight, and 28.8 lbs. He just talked the doctors ear off when she came in, and she said he is way ahead on his language. After she left, the nurse came in to give his shots. As soon as she came in the door, he said, "I want to go out that door!" I think he saw the needles in her hands! Poor guy. He knew what was coming. He boo-hooed when she gave the shots and wanted his pants back on so he couldn't get anymore shots. But all was well after I gave him the fruit snacks I brought for him.

As for the baby belly, I have figured out why the movements are so different than when I was preggo with Reece. It dawned on me that Reece was posterior, so his limbs were towards my back and I felt mostly big rolling movements of his back and behind against the front of my stomach. This baby is anterior facing, so I feel all of the feet and knees and elbows and hands poking the front of my stomach! This makes for a bit more of an uncomfortable experience, but fun to watch all of these sharp little extremities moving across my abdomen!

No comments:

Post a Comment