Thursday, March 3, 2011

Boy Name?

Here it is after midnight...again...and I'm still up. Too many things going on in my head right now to sleep. I have started a new Bill Binder for monthly bill keeping and paying, and will be taking over that duty so Ethan doesn't have to do that on top of everything at work. And the other thing on my mind is a BOY name. We have the girl name from when Reece was born, but Ethan and I decided on Reece on the way to the hospital. We just go back and forth about boy names. I must be too picky. There are a lot of nice names out there, but I have just worked with so many kids over the years that it is hard to choose one that hasn't already been taken a hundred times. The other problem is that names remind me of certain people I have come across, or people in entertainment/politics etc. that have negative connotations. There have been children that have been such a handful that I will never name my child after them because every time I say the name it will remind me of that child instead of my own. Too modern, too old fashioned, too overused, too this too that, or we don't like the shortened nickname version that people will inevitably call the child. We just have not been able to come to an agreement on any names. We both have lists, but no names overlap. The other night we had a breakthrough, and decided on a name we could both live with, and then upon looking up the name in the names book, the name is derived from the name Reece, same meaning! Totally different name to me though. We may still stick with it. Not sure. Some names I like are Thaddeus, Titus, Micah, Rhett, Blaine, Gavin, Keegan, Quinn. But really, we had better start deciding soon! I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow! The bag is partially packed, so I've got to get on that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment