Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dr. Visit @ 37 Weeks


36 weeks + 2 days

Went to see Dr. Rothenburg today. He asked if I was ready to have the baby. I said, "I'm getting there." He asked, "Do you want me to strip your membranes today?" I said, "Uh, no!" He proceeded to say that I'm not THAT ready then. :) So I'm not entirely sure if he was serious about the membranes, or if he was trying to get the reaction that I gave him. Either way, that just puts things in perspective...baby is coming soon. All of the vital organs are developed, and all baby is doing now is getting bigger and fatter...and harder to push out during labor. So now would be great, except that I don't feel ready to have the baby come yet. I feel like everything needs to be clean and put away and a place for everything and...you get the picture.

My belly measured 38 weeks, and I'm not sure how much I weighed in lbs. The nurse only could weigh me in kg, and told me she'd tell me the lbs and then didn't and I forgot to ask. Oh well...I'm sure it's not that much more than last week.

I've been having a lot of contractions in the middle of the night when I roll over. And right now baby is moving about so much and the movements are so uncomfortable! But baby is likely uncomfortable as he/she is running out of room. I guess I would rather have baby sooner than later so my belly doesn't have to stretch any further. I definitely have more stretch marks this time around than last time. My belly isn't as pretty this time :( It's all for a great cause! I can't wait to meet this little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment