Friday, March 18, 2011

Staying Busy....


38 Weeks


Today, Reece and I stayed busy! I'm trying to keep my mind off of the anxiousness I feel about the uncertainty of the baby's arrival. Last night I could not sleep because I was thinking about the names (still had not set on a boy name, no middle names for boy or girl), and also who to call to take care of Reece if we had to go to the hospital before my parents arrival. The timing is all up in the air, obviously, and I'm more anxious this time around because it involves our first born and who will take care of him while I'm in the hospital and how he will react to the baby, etc. So, again, trying to stay busy.

I had a dermotologist appt. this morning at 7am that I went to. Drove around Greenwood for 40 minutes before determining that I had the wrong directions, called the office, got the right directions (located 10 min. from my house instead of 30) and got a few spots taken care of. Got coffee and went home in time for Ethan to leave at his normal time. Reece and I had breakfast and did some chores before I decided that I needed a pedicure! I can no longer reach my toes to clip/file/paint them, and it's flip flop season almost!! It was a much needed (and I think, well deserved!) luxury that I spent some babysitting $$ on. Reece sat so nicely and flirted with the ladies. He pretended to read his picture books, while really he was wondering what was going on with momma's feet? He chose some colors for my toes (neon green and bright blue appealed to him). I don't think so!

Then we went to have lunch downtown with Ethan at work. Ethan forgot his lunch box the day before, so we got him Chick-Fil-A. We had lunch with Jen and Amber, and Reece showed them his books and played ball with them. He zonked out on the way home, it was almost 2pm by the time we left. It started raining just after we got home, so we napped during the nice, gentle rain. Woke up and played, did some laundry, and had Ethan bring home dinner so I wouldn't have to cook. I did, however, bake banana chocolate chip cookies after dinner for the basketball watching. Everyone is a big fan of those!

Baby belly is itchy and numb (stretchmarks galore). Took my 38 week photo today. Can't wait to meet little him or her, and can't wait to decide on a name. Ethan and I tossed around more names tonight and are STILL trying to decide. Ugh! You'd think it would be easier than this! But it's a big deal...the child will deal with this name for the rest of his or her life! It's an important decision, and it weighs on me! And time is ticking! I don't want to have the baby, and have no name to call him or her. That would just be awful! We'll be deciding soon. I think we almost have it nailed down tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment